Friday 19 February 2016

HOME

So now after 5 weeks in hospital I was ready to go home! I could walk without assistance  and eat and my health had improved, now I just needed a mid line in my arm so that a district nurse could administer my antibiotics from home. A mid line is a small tube, the size of a vein that goes from the area just above your elbow to the top of your shoulder, I had this in my right arm. The procedure was simple, just very uncomfortable to have to sit through. I had a great team looking after me and I would have to go back and see them once a week to get it cleaned.


So I was finally dressed in something other than pajamas and wore shoes instead of slippers! I was just sitting waiting on the end of my bed to be discharged. It felt like forever and I couldn’t wait to get home. Waiting for me outside was my own ‘taxi,’ driven by AC who made ‘Naomi’s Taxi’ poster on one side of our van. Heads up! AC is like an older brother to the Martin family, he was a key character in helping everyone on the home front with maintaining the house and making sure everyone was fed and doing alright!

When I got home there were a few people from church who I consider family waiting for me, some I hadn’t seen at all for weeks, others I only got the chance to see one or two times. It was emotional as you can imagine. There were posters, loud celebrations and we spent about 30 mins praising God and just worshipping Him for all that He had done and taken me through. Being in my home again was weird, it was like coming back from a long holiday and getting settled back into home, but I definitely didn’t come back from a nice vacation.
It was a great time and I remember just sitting and taking everything in, looking at all the happy faces and happy tears all around me. I was home, it was a reality not a distant dream anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment